B Psych, MAPS, MMHPN
Sahba Saberi, founder and the principal psychologist at Delasa Psychology, is an experienced psychologist that has worked in both private practice and non Government/non for profit (NGO) settings for over 14 years. She has worked extensively with refugees and other survivors of trauma and is experienced in working across different cultures and ethnic groups. She has assisted adults, adolescents, children and elderly clients over her years of practice.
Sahba has undergone rigorous mindfulness training and utilizes an integrative treatment approach using evidence based therapies including:
- Cognitive-behavioral psychology (CBT)
- Emotion regulation strategies – including somatic/interoceptive exposure
- Schema therapy
- Mindfulness based cognitive therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Solution focused brief therapy
- Relaxation strategies
- Group therapy and education
She is a firm believer in the utilization of arts, creativity and play in the therapeutic process.
Sahba is a Registered Psychologist who completed her training at Murdoch University. She is an approved Medicare Provider of Psychological Services and a member of:
- The Australian Psychological Society
- The Mental Health Professionals Network of Australia
Sahba has has special interest and experience in the following areas:
- Treating personality disorders, including borderline personality, schizoid personality and so on.
- Assisting clients of all age groups with poor concentration and ADHD
- Improving relationships (couples and families)
- Prevention of mental illness through group programs and workshops
As a person, Sahba is warm and approachable and has a strong passion in helping individuals and communities increase their life satisfaction and happiness. She was a receiver of the 2007 Interfaith Harmony Award in recognition of her outstanding work with African and Afghan youth and children through a values education program, as well as her counseling work with migrants and refugees in Western Australia.
Sahba offers therapy in English, Farsi/Persian and Dari languages.
In addition to therapeutic services, Sahba also provides supervision and training to psychologists and other mental health workers wishing to expand their expertise in the following areas:
- Mindfulness strategies and techniques
- Body/interoceptive therapies such as emotion exposure or somatic experiencing
- Improving assessment and diagnosis with the aim of enhancing psychotherapy outcomes